COVID-19 affected many different businesses in different ways. The manufacturing industry experienced first-hand how the pandemic interrupted their production abilities and business all together. Some have experienced a labor shortage due to illnesses in their staff, others experienced limited operations due to a shortage in resources. Many feared a complete halt on operations which could be detrimental and stressful to any business owner in any industry.
Manufacturing companies are having to use forward thinking in order to put the best practices in place to keep their operations running uninterrupted. This has caused some factories to begin the process of having remote access to their equipment to monitor, troubleshoot and perform maintenance tasks. This ensures that even without having employees on hand, downtime will be minimized or nonexistent.
Having PLC remote access offers secure, fast, and simple remote monitoring capabilities. It’s a short-term investment with a quick return rate for most businesses, and many are starting to see the benefits of this transformation. Read more about the benefits below.
Benefits of Remote PLC Access For Factories
- Easy and fast set-up to your machine with PLC and HMI.
- Completely web-based, allowing you to login from anywhere at any time.
- Reduces operational costs by being able to remotely monitor and make appropriate PLC program changes – which implement your changes faster and increases uptime.
- Eliminates production downtime by being able to address the machine’s problem quickly and from anywhere.
- Prevents stops and failures to the machine by having 24/7 access to monitor, update and change PLC programs before your machine fails or stops.
PLC Remote Access Security
One option is an advanced industrial VPN router is installed so you can set up and control secure connections to your equipment all while keeping your corporate network secure. The user-friendly interface which makes PLC remote access available to an outside based technical team, maintains security as its top priority by implementing.
However, some devices do not require a VPN setup, and just use an internet/wireless connection which allows remote access to the plant. An example of this type of device is EWON.
When you integrate for more efficiency, it makes the way for competitive advantages for your business.